Sunday, August 9, 2009

Asian Vase (IC192)

This should have been posted yesterday, but I got busy and forgot! The Inspiration Challenge was Bellacor Vases. I chose this vase for my inspiration. I didn't print out a picture or anything. I just remembered that the vase was brown with gold trim and had flowers of fall colors. I was going to use the Little Leaves Sizzlit and cut out gold leaves but decided to do some heat embossing instead. I added the punched, sponged and embossed flowers with mini half pearl centers. That's it!
Now, certain card stocks are a bit pricey to be using a big chunk of it to make a thin border or mat. I cut my Brushed Gold card stock to the size I wanted for the mat and then used a rectangle Nestability to cut out the center part. That gives me a piece of the gold card stock to use later.
Here is the gold frame with the Chocolate Chip Textured Card Stock placed on top. No one even knows what's under there! All products used to make this card except for the gold mini half pearls came from Stampin' Up! Thanks for stopping by!!
  • Stamps: Friends 24-7
  • Papers: Chocolate Chip, Brushed Gold, Chocolate Chip TCS, Crushed Curry, Really Rust, Riding Hood Red
  • Ink: Versamark, Chocolate Chip (sponging flowers)
  • Accessories: Flower Trio Punch, Mat Pack, Stylus, Sponge, Gold Mini Half Pearls, Gold EP, Heat Tool

1 comment:

Betty said...

Beautiful card and great thinking! My up-up-line also cuts the centers out of background borders, circles even!, and I salute those that do that--what a way to save paper! Love it!