Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Something Old, Something New

I was just goofing around and made this card with the So Saffron Ribbon (2009 SAB) which is retired and the Elegant Cheer Stamp set which is retiring. I used the Birds & Blooms Sizzlits to create the flower which I sponged and embossed. I got the inspiration for the flower from Mercy's blog! The sentiment was stamped and the sponging was done with the new Crushed Curry which will be available July 1st.
My Thursday Nighters' Club meets tomorrow night and I've had such a busy day today. I still needed to come up with my second project though. The first one is by request and it can be found in an earlier post. Since the first card will be time consuming, I wanted to make a much simpler one for the second project. I went to Mercy's blog and got my inspiration for this one, too! I wanted to use some retiring items for this card, so I used Pink Pirouette for the base card, Beautiful Borders stamp set for the horizontal strip, and Elegant Cheer for the sentiment. The Pink Pirouette Striped Grosgrain Ribbon is also retiring since it's an "In-Color". My ladies will be able to choose from the six sentiments in the set to use on their cards. All products used to make these cards are from Stampin' Up! Thanks for stopping by!
  • Stamps: Elegant Cheer, Beautiful Borders (Card #2)
  • Papers: Card #1: Naturals White, So Saffron, Certainly Celery; Card #2: Pink Pirouette, Basic Black, Whisper White
  • Ink: Card#1: Crushed Curry, White Gel Pen; Card #2: Basic Black
  • Accessories: Card #1: Big Shot, Birds & Blooms Sizzlits, Sponge, Mat Pack, Stylus, Paper Trimmer, So Saffron 5/8" GG Ribbon (2009 SAB Ribbon Bundle); Card #2: Mat Pack, Piercer, Pink Pirouette Striped GG Ribbon

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Great cards CarrollAnn! I will really miss some of these In Colors. Maybe they will bring some of these back.