Monday, June 29, 2009

Celebrate! (CAS21)

Today's Clean & Simple Challenge was to add SPARKLE to our CAS designs. That's no problem for me since I love SPARKLE!! I have all kinds of glitter as well as glittery embossing powders. The challenging part is to keep the design simple; I keep wanting to add "stuff" to the card! LOL! Anyway, I used Stampin' Up!'s "Sticky Sheet" to create the star. I ran it through the Big Shot with the Star Sizzlit. Now, Sizzlits are thin, so they won't cut all the way through the Sticky Sheet so that you can just pop out the die cut. I cut around the whole thing, peeled off the backing and applied it to the Night of Navy piece. I used a craft knife to cut the inside star out and then peeled of the red plastic. I added White Chunky Glitter just to the inside star; then, I peeled off the red plastic from the rest of the star and added Red Chunky Glitter. The sentiment was stamped with Versamark and embossed with Red Tinsel embossing powder which I've had for years before I got into Stampin' Up! I added two score lines to set off the sentiment better. Everything except the red embossing powder came from Stampin' Up! Thanks for stopping by!!
  • Stamps: Celebrate Everything
  • Paper: Naturals White, Night of Navy, Real Red
  • Ink: Versamark
  • Accessories: Big Shot, Star Sizzlit, Red and White Chunky Glitter, Dimensionals, Red Tinsel EP, Heat Tool, Stylus, Trimmer, Craft Knife

No comments: