Sunday, June 28, 2009

Crocheted Flowers (FS125)

Yesterday, I finished the last of my 27 hours of Foster Care Training, and I was so exhausted when I got home (1 hour drive each way) that I didn't have the energy to create or post anything. This morning, I think the SCS site was acting wonky, so I couldn't do the Featured Stamper Challenge until after I got home from church, lunch and a trip to WalMart. Today's Featured Stamper is DawnL. Her card that I chose to CASE was actually a Featured Stamper card, too! The original card had stamped flowers, and she changed them to hand-crocheted flowers. I was inspired by that since I've been making some of those little flowers lately as well. I changed the card to mostly white. I didn't use patterned paper; instead, I embossed both panels. I used a Sizzlit die instead of a punch for the leaves, and I added half pearls to my flower centers. Thanks so much for stopping by!!
  • Stamps: Short & Sweet
  • Papers: Naturals White, Whisper White, Certainly Celery
  • Ink: Certainly Celery
  • Accessories: Big Shot, Cuttlebug Swiss Dots and Leafy Branch EF's, Little Leaves Sizzlit, Large Oval and Scallop Oval Punches, Pretties Kit Half-Pearls, Sheer Ribbon, White Crochet Thread, #2 Hook, Quick Dry Adhesive

5 comments:

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

GASP! Oh my goodness, this is GORGEOUS!!!

Unknown said...

i was wondering how you make the flowers

this card is gorgeous

Gram E. Bear said...

What an absolutely gorgeous card. It is really very elogant with the white on white distinguished by the embossing. Love it! {{HUGS}}}

Linda said...

Your card is gorgeous!!! The flwoers really make it.

Cheryl said...

This card is soooo gorgeous!! Would you be willing to give the instructions for the flowers? Thanks Much.