Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Elephants don't forget (SC234)

Today's sketch challenge gave me the opportunity to show off one of my new stamp sets and the coordinating paper. The base card here is Chocolate Chip, and all matting is Old Olive. The smaller rectangles have the reverse side of the larger piece of designer paper. The elephant was stamped on So Saffron with Chocolate Chip ink. I did a bit of paper piercing on the main image panel and sponged all the panels. The inside sentiment says, "Did I at least get the month right?" The sentiments came from a retired Level 3 Hostess Set that was given to me by one of my ladies over a year ago. I thought that, since the elephant is a symbol of not forgetting, this would be perfect for a belated birthday card. Also, my brother, who will get this card, is a Democrat, and the elephant is the symbol of the Republican party. That's just a sisterly dig! LOL! All products used to make this card are from Stampin' Up! Thanks for stopping by!
  • Stamps: Animal Stories, Older & Wiser (retired Level 3)
  • Papers: Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, So Saffron, Whisper White, Tall Tales DSP
  • Ink: Chocolate Chip
  • Accessories: Word Window Punch, Sponge, Mat Pack, Piercer, Dimensionals

No comments: