Sunday, November 23, 2008

Train Ride & Part 2 (SBSC165)

The Scrap Booking Sketch Challenge from last week worked out so well with some of our vacation photos. The layout is shown at the right. I didn't use buttons. Instead, I stamped images from the "Wanted" set and used three punches to form the discs. Sorry about the glare on two pics; if it wasn't on one pic, it was on another! This page is 12" X 12".

I formed a pocket with the bottom photo and made a tag to hold the journaling. I matted all the photos on Basic Black. The designer papers are from My Mind's Eye. I think that pack was called "Wild Asparagus", but I'm not sure. I used two different Sizzix Alphabet Die Sets: "Skooshy" (which is only $30 right now at Sizzix.com!) and "Retro Metro". I used "Skooshy" for the lower case letters. I need to get busy and do some more pages of our vacation last summer.
For page 2, I adjusted the sketch a bit to fit my photos. All four photos are 4" X 5". I used a different alphabet set for the year, "Cattycorner". I put the vertical paper on the opposite side on this page, too. I also managed to get some glare on one of the photos in this photograph, but if it wasn't on one picture, it was on another!
  • Stamps: Wanted
  • Papers: Basic Black, Cranberry Crisp (retired), Baja Breeze, GP White, MME DP
  • Ink: Bravo Burgundy
  • Accessories: Big Shot, Sizzix "Skooshy", "Retro Metro", and "Cattycorner" Alpha Dies, 1/8", 3/4", 1", and 1-1/4" Circle Punches, Tag Corner Punch, Basic Black Eyelet, Black Hemp Twine, 2-Way Glue Pen

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

What a great page CarrollAnn! I really liked Cranberry Crisp and have a stash of it myself.