Saturday, November 1, 2008

Moonrise (IC152)

Today's Inspiration Challenge was to choose a piece of artwork by Don Li-Leger which our hostess found on Art.com. I chose the print shown at the right. It's called Lakeside Moonrise. It was shown both as a print and as a wall hanging.
I sponged with several different colors and reversed masked the moon with a 1-3/8" punched circle. I stamped over that three times with the image from "Embrace Life." I colored in the leaves with a marker. The artist puts little squares on almost all of his pieces, so I added the square brad. I embossed the base card with the Cuttlebug Tiny Mosaics embossing folder to carry the square idea to the rest of the card. It looked so sad when I finished my main image that I just had to add the sheer ribbon to perk it up a bit and maybe feminize it too. Thanks for stopping by!
  • Stamps: Embrace Life
  • Papers: Pale Plum, Light Gray, Shimmery White, GP White (inside)
  • Ink: Going Gray, Pale Plum, Appricot Appeal, Creamy Caramel, Chocolate Chip; Chocolate Chip Marker
  • Accessories: Big Shot, Cuttlebug Tiny Mosaics EF, Rectangle and Scalloped Rectangle Nesties, Sheer Ribbon, Square Brad, Dimensionals

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh that is really great!