Thursday, November 13, 2008

Ladies' Night Out November Projects

Project #1 is made with the Sock Monkey set and Sock Monkey Accessories set. I couldn't wait to get the accessories so I could use that Santa Hat! I put Liquid Applique on the white parts of the hat. That stuff is fun to use; I need to get some more! I left the Glorious Green base card plain with the thought that my ladies might want to use some designer paper inside and create a gift card. The sock monkey and hat were water colored, and the scalloped mat was made with scalloped squares Nestabilities.

I got a bit whimsical with the photography by putting the card in a real sock monkey's arms! I just thought it was kind of cute. I just got that sock monkey, and he's MINE!!! LOL! No, the kids or grandkids won't get it. Not right away, at least!
  • Stamps: Sock Monkey, Sock Monkey Accessories, Best Yet (Hostess Level 1)
  • Papers: Glorious Green, Real Red, GP White
  • Ink: Stazon Jet Black
  • Accessories: Big Shot, Square Scallops Nesties, Large Oval and Wide Oval Punches, Narrow Satin Ribbon, WCW Crayons, Aqua Painter, Liquid Applique
Project #2 will be a Christmas Waterfall Card. There will be one change, though. The horizontal strip will be red instead of white and will have white brads instead of red. These cards are fun to make, but I don't have any luck using eyelets to hold down that horizontal strip, so I use adhesive and brads.

The photo at right shows how the card looks when you start pulling the ribbon at the bottom. From the Deer Friends Hostess Set, I used the Santa, Christmas tree, snowman, and baby Jesus, stamping them in Red, Green, Turquoise, and Lilac respectively. Thanks for visiting my blog today!
  • Stamps: Deer Friends (Level 2 Hostess), Sprinkles
  • Papers: Real Red, GP White, Glorious Green, Tempting Turquoise, Lovely Lilac
  • Ink: Real Red, Glorious Green, Tempting Turquoise, Lovely Lilac, Whisper White Craft (for BG)
  • Accessories: 1-1/4" and 1-3/8" Circle Punches, 1/8" Punch, Brads

No comments: