Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Tissue Box Cover

I was in Stacy's (twinshappy) gallery today, and she made a very pretty tissue box cover. I've been wanting to make one, and she had the link to the Resource Section on SCS where I could get instructions. I tried to put this on a Puffs box, but a little bit of the box shows at the bottom. I will get a Kleenex brand box to see if that works. If not, I would change the dimensions from 5-1/8" to at least 5-3/8" for the sides of the box. I used Springtime Slumber Specialty Paper (retired). It's two sided like all other SU! DSP, but it's thicker like heavy card stock. I made the paper roses with the Fancy Flower Punch out of White sponged with So Saffron. The leaves from "A Rose Is A Rose" were stamped on white with Wild Wasabi and Always Artichoke. The side decorations were die cut, embossed and sponged, and I used the Eyelet Border Punch for the white border around the lid. This will be a gift for my Secret Sister. Thanks again for stopping by!!!

1 comment:

Sherry Kushibab said...

I have been wanting to make of these since I saw it on Splitcoaststampers, yours is very nice...I think it would be great to make them for various holidays and think mine will be for valentines day. TFS

http://stampingcowgirlcreations.blogspot.com