Tuesday, January 11, 2011

A Rose is a Rose (MMTPT128)

Information about Mothermark's Teapot Tuesday Challenge is on SCS. Our assignment for this week's tea party is to bring roses and gold. I haven't used this stamp set in some time now, but I love how the two-step stamping turns out. The layers are Melon Mambo, Whisper White, Brushed Gold, and the main image panel is Whisper White as well. I stamped the first step of the rose from "A Rose Is A Rose" (retired) with Melon Mambo and the second step with Rich Razzleberry. I masked the rose and stamped the leaves with Old Olive and Almost Artichoke. I used the die cut corners to give it a bit more elegance. The whole matted panel is popped up on Dimensionals. Everything here is from Stampin' Up! except for the Cuttlebug Die Cuts. Thanks for stopping by!!!

1 comment:

Betty said...

How lovely and a great idea to go back and use an older stamp set. why don't we do that more often? We loved them when we bought them, but tend to leave them on the shelf. too, too sad. thanks for inspiring us to revisit the ones we love. I visit you daily for inspiration.