Monday, January 31, 2011

Tissue Box Cover Instructions

I have been asked for instructions on how to make the Tissue Box Covers. Well, I got my instructions from the Resource section on Splitcoaststampers.com right here. I changed the the dimensions of the two main pieces from 9-1/2" X 5-1/8" to 9-1/2" X 5-1/4" because the first one I made did not cover the box completely (I use Puffs brand tissues). If you plan on embossing the sides like I did on the blue one (shown in the post below), do your scoring first so that you can center your embossing folder on each side. Also, don't forget to cut the oval on the top out BEFORE you fold and adhere the sides of the top. The reason the oval was traced and cut out by hand was so that it wouldn't show if you added the 4-1/4" square piece on the top. Be sure the hole you cut in the square piece is smaller than the oval that's cut in the top. That's it. Thanks for stopping by, and thanks for your interest!!!

No comments: