Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Embossed Easter Card (CC208)

Today's Color Challenge was to use Kiwi Kiss, Pink Passion, and Chocolate Chip. I didn't think I'd like this color combo, but I do! I like how the Pink jumps out at you when matted on the Kiwi. The base card is Kiwi Kiss with a layer of Pink Passion that was embossed with the Backgrounds #1 Texturz Plate from Stampin' Up! (Small Polka Dots). Next is a piece of Green Tea designer paper that was punched with the Scallop Edge Border Punch. Here's how the main image was done: 1) I inked the stamp with Kiwi, 2) I removed the ink from the flowers with a Blender Pen, 3) I colored the flowers with the Pink Passion Marker, 4) I huffed and stamped on Whisper White card stock, 5) I used the Flower Frenzy Classy Brass Template and embossed the flowers (using the SU! Light Table), 5) I used the Mat Pack and Piercer and pierced the flower stems. It seems like a lot of trouble, but it really wasn't, and I like the effect. I matted the main image panel on Pink Passion and then on Chocolate Chip and added the Chocolate Chip Taffeta Ribbon. The sentiment was stamped with Chocolate Chip on Pink Passion and punched with the Small Oval Punch. The Kiwi mat was punched with the Large Oval Punch. All products used to create this card are from Stampin' Up! Thanks for visiting my blog today!!!
  • Stamps: Eastern Blooms, A Good Egg (sentiment)
  • Papers: Kiwi Kiss, Pink Passion, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, Green Tea DSP
  • Ink: Kiwi Kiss, Chocolate Chip, Pink Passion Marker
  • Accessories: Big Shot, Backgrounds #1 Texturz Plate, Scallop Edge Border Punch, Small and Large Oval Punches, Chocolate Chip Taffeta Ribbon, Blender Pen, Flower Frenzy Classy Brass Embossing Template, Embossing Stylus, Light Table, Mat Pack, Piercer, Dimensionals

2 comments:

http://acraftynutter.blogspot.co.uk/ said...

Love this card :o)
And congrats on your win at stamps and smiles - well done X

Allison said...

This is gorgeous!