Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Altered Coffee Drink Tin

My friend's birthday was Saturday and I missed it! I felt so bad. She's always there to help me get ready for clubs and stamp camps; how could I miss her birthday?!!! I just had to find something to make for her. I saved a couple of these International Coffee Drink Mix tins. I thought they'd make nice containers for buttons, large brads, or other small items. I decided to pretty one up for Sarah!!!
I used some "Cutie Pie" designer paper (retired, sadly) and covered the outside of the tin and part of the top of the lid. This was an easy item to alter. I also stamped with one of the "Yummy" (2009 SAB) stamps, cut it out, and adhered with Glue Dot Runner (so that it wouldn't be permanent). I wanted her to be able to remove my label and maybe add her own telling what's inside.
I used Hershey's Nuggets with almonds to fill the tin. Twenty-four nuggets seemed just the right amount. I made labels with her name on them and tried to match the polka dots on my labels to the ones on the designer paper. I think they turned out really cute. I already have a belated birthday card to give to her with this little gift! (I need to keep some of those around!) Thanks for stopping by today!!!

2 comments:

Allison said...

That is so cute! It's funny how we start to keep everything because we know we'll find some way to alter it!

Stacy Morgan said...

Oh yummy, and great idea to alter this container!