Friday, April 27, 2012

HIS Boots (TSC0427)

The Twisted Sistahs Challenge for this week was presented by irishgreensue. Greenie asked us to use the faux leather technique as shown in the resources section of SCS. I only have blue masking tape, and since I just purchased airline tickets, I can't afford to buy ANYTHING extra until the middle of next month. Instead of using that technique, I used a Sizzix Texturz Plate (Leather) to create the leather look on my photo corners. I used a Versamark pen to cover them with the ink and then heat embossed with Clear EP to get a little shine. I layered them and added Vintage Brads. The boots are from the "Wild Wild West" set. They belong to "Da Man". I stamped the image on a piece of the cardboard that comes with DSP, colored it, covered it with Versamark and clear embossed it too. After embossing, I used a Sponge Dauber with More Mustard to sponge the background. I matted it on another piece of my faux leather (Early Espresso), but the mat is not embossed. The base card is Early Espresso with a layer of "Well Worn" DSP. Everything is from Stampin' Up! Thanks for stopping by!!

No comments: