Friday, April 20, 2012

Altered Box (TSC0420)

The Twisted Sistahs Challenge for this week was presented by Tater. Phyllis asked us to alter something and we couldn't use PINK.
This is a box I think was already recycled at least once. I got a "#1 Grandma" necklace from one of my grandchildren for Christmas, and it was in this box with lots of tissue.
I got a kick out of what it says inside. It's made from 75% Pre-consumer recycled materials, 25% virgin recyclable materials, and finally, it's says, "Please Recycle"! Ha! Yeah, we recycle! LOL! Any number of times!!
This is what the bottom and top of the box looked like before the alterations.
This is what it looks like after it has been altered. I used Daffodil Delight DSP from the Brights Collection to cover it; stripes on the bottom and polka dots on the lid. Once I did that, I just added a couple of flowers and leaves from Mike's and a metallic ribbon which was a gift. I couldn't get just the right angle to photograph it, but it's much prettier in real life. You get the idea. Thanks for stopping by!!

No comments: