Thursday, April 19, 2012

April 2012 Friday Card Makers Projects



Project #1 is a masculine card and nice and flat for mailing. I'm leaving off the sentiments on both cards so that the ladies can choose to put one on if they like. The stamp was a gift and has no name on it. It reminds me a little of the Titanic, except the Titanic had four stacks. It's probably the type of ship our ancestors came to North America from Europe on. The base card is Naturals Ivory with a layer of Basic Black and the the SU! DSP The ship was stamped on Very Vanilla with Black Stazon and matted on Basic Black.



Project #2 is a bit more feminine. I used the Button Buddies set, colored the vase and leaves with markers before stamping; then, I stamped the vase again with Melon Mambo and cut it out and popped it up. I added buttons that were part of a Ribbon/Button Bundle about a year ago. In fact that ribbon was part of the same bundle. The base card is Melon Mambo and one side is embossed with the Perfect Polka Dots Impressions Folder and the other half has Melon Mambo DSP on it. Again, I left off the sentiment so my ladies can decide if they want to use one. This would make a nice Get Well card. Everything used to make this card is from Stampin' Up! Thanks for stopping by!!

No comments: