Monday, November 8, 2010

Joy (TSC1112)

This is actually for Friday's Twisted Sistahs Challenge, but I don't think I will be here to upload, so I'm doing this early. I won't put it on SCS until at least Wednesday. Anyway, I've wanted to make a card like this one for about a year now. I received a similar store-bought card last year from a friend and just loved it. The first photo shows the front of the card. It measures 3" X 6". There's patterned paper from DCWV Christmas Stack in two different patterns here. I stamped with Versamark on Green Galore and embossed with Red Tinsel EP using a stamp from "Season of Joy". That main image is popped up, but underneath on the edges is some fiber. There's sheer ribbon at the top with a square Fire Rhinestone. There's also a 3/4" punched circle behind the ribbon to hide the brad points.
When it's open, you can see all four panels. I traced around some chipboard letters on DSP and then cut the letters out. I used more patterned papers from the Christmas Stack on every panel.

This photo got washed out for some reason, but you get the idea. This view shows the back of the card with the last panel for writing your message. It also shows that I did include a border!! Everything is embossed with the Red EP and the tree is cut out and popped up. It took a while to complete this, but I'm glad I gave it a shot. irishgreensue is the one who presented this week's challenge. She gave us three options: 1) EASY - Make a card that is mainly green, 2) MEDIUM - Make a card that is green with a border of some kind, and 3) HARD - Make a card that is green, has a border AND has an unusual kind of fold (other than the standard A2 cards) As you can see, I went with option #3! Thanks again for stopping by!

No comments: