Please forgive the glare in the first couple of photos. I use the glass cutting mat in my work space. I cut scraps of Cherry Cobbler card stock into 1" and 3/4" strips to be able to insert them into the Bird & Branch Punch easily. The wider strips are for the bird body and the narrower for the wings.
I also use scraps of More Mustard and Basic Black for the beak and the area around the beak. (Does that black part have a name?)
I trim off about 1/3 of the bottom of one wing. Cutting the beak out of the black piece, I use a narrower cut than I do on the red so that no red will show.
After adhering the top (crop?) to the back of the head, I sponged the bird and the other two wings with Early Espresso.
Now, I adhere the beak behind the main body that has the beak cut out. Remember to make this cut just a little wider than you do on the black piece.
Adhere the black piece. Remember to make the cut narrower than on the red when cutting out the beak.
Adhere one wing behind the body (adhesive on the body) and one wing on the front of the body (adhesive on the wing). I added a tiny black half pearl for the eye.
Turn it over and attach a Dimensional to the back so that it will be popped up on your project.
You could use the branch on the Bird & Branch punch, but I thought the Martha Stewart Branch Punch looks more like a Christmas tree.
The bird I made while taking all these photos is on the top. When I made this other one, I timed myself, and it took less than five minutes. Of course I had all the pieces punched already. Add punching time, and it should take only about six or seven minutes to make one cardinal! I hope this helps!!! Thanks for stopping by!!