Monday, May 16, 2011

Two CAS Cards (CAS119, TLC325)

The Clean & Simple Challenge for this week is a Word Inspiration Challenge, and the word is "Gift". I was going to put a little gift bag on the front of my card. I had it out and ready to go, but then I decided to make the card look like a gift. I used Daffodil Delight for the base card and the Key Tag Punched piece and Rich Razzleberry DSP. The ribbon is also Rich Razzleberry. VERY Clean & Simple!! Everything used to make this card is from Stampin' Up!!
The Technique Lovers Challenge is to make paper buttons. You can find instructions for those in the SplitCoastStampers Resource Section here. Now, if you want a particular color or shape of button that you don't have in your button stash, this is the way to go! I wanted to use a brown button in the middle of my yellow flower, so the problem was solved. I used the 3/4" and 1/2" Circle Punches to make my button out of Chocolate Chip card stock. I used the Flower Daisy #2 Die for the flower die cut from Daffodil Delight. I used Wild Wasabi for the stem, grass and punched leaves (Blossom Petals Punch). I tied the button with Early Espresso Bakers Twine and used "Elegant Cheer" (retired) for the sentiment. Everything used to make this card except the grass edge punch came from Stampin' Up!! Thanks for stopping by!!

No comments: