Thursday, May 5, 2011

May 2011 Club Projects

Our first project for this month's club is this card featuring the new "Flower Fest" stamp set from the Summer Mini. I started with Daffodil Delight card stock for the base and added the DSP from Beyond the Garden. I used all three of the new embossing powders: Wild Wasabi, Melon Mambo and Tangerine Tango. I colored with Water Color Wonder Crayons and an Aqua Painter. The large flower is punched out with the Fancy Flower Punch, the roses are punched out with the 1-3/8" Circle Punch and the leaves are hand cut. I also used the 2-1/2" Circle Punch for the sentiment panel. I finished it off by using a rhinestone from the Basic Jewels and placed it in the center of the large flower. The sentiment is from "All Year Cheer".
Our second project is about paper piecing. I'm not sure if we've ever done paper piecing in this club. The "Pun Fun" Hippo is perfect for that and this card can be a child's birthday card or a baby card. I guess I'm into Daffodil Delight this month! The base card is Naturals White with a layer of Daffodil Delight that was embossed with Perfect Polka Dots. The hippo was stamped on Whisper White and again on Daffodil Delight DSP from the Brights Pack. The head was stamped again so that it could be popped up. The sentiment is from "Short & Sweet". I used the Word Window Punch and the Modern Label Punch for the sentiment. I used a Daffodil Delight Marker for the balloon, toe nails and bow, although I'm putting Real Red and Pacific Point Markers in the basket for my ladies to have a choice. Everything used to make these cards came from Stampin' Up! Thanks for stopping by!!!

No comments: