Wednesday, May 11, 2011

I've been sick

Here's the scoop: When I got home from my spa day, I was OK, but I got a sore throat the very next day. It was the worst sore throat I've had in my life. I was even having trouble breathing because my airway was getting so swollen. That Friday, I went to the doctor's. It takes a lot to get me to do that because I have no health insurance, so I have to pay cash up front. That little ten-minute visit cost $110!! He prescribed Amoxicillin for 10 days, 1500 mg per day! Well, I got down to the 9th day which was last Saturday. I started itching, especially the palms of my hands and the bottoms of my feet. I was miserable all day and didn't post here. On Sunday, I was worse. I finished my antibiotics, but by Sunday night, I had hives. I took a Benedryll before I went to bed and was only able to get up to get my son up for school. The hives and itching were going away though. On Tuesday, yesterday, I felt a bit better and I got through the day which consisted of appointments and errands in Reno all day. I did finally get a card made, but I haven't posted it here yet. I will do that next, plus I will post today's sketch challenge card. If you have been wondering where I've been, that's my story and I'm sticking to it!!

No comments: