Sunday, August 29, 2010

Get Well Card

I found a little time this afternoon to make a "Get Well" card for a lady from my church. Her daughter is a good friend and she has been living with her daughter and daughter's family. Well, she had two strokes within a 24 hour period and spent a couple of days in the hospital. She's home now and looking pretty good, all things considered. I think this card is called a Sliding Pop-Up Card, and I added the punch art dog that Kim Score used on a card called, "Sick as a Dog." The sentiment on the front is hand written, the clouds were free hand cut and then sponged, and the grass was free hand cut, too.
This is what it looks like when you "pull" the tab. I took this to my friend's house earlier, and they just loved it. The main thing is that the lady who had the strokes got a big kick out of it. I think it really cheered her up! The inside sentiment is from "Sincere Salutations". I hand wrote "pull" on the tab. I think the tutorial for this type of card is in the Resources section on SplitCoastStampers.com. It's also on Kim Score's Blog. Thanks again for stopping by!!

1 comment:

Kay said...

vwery cute card, where did you get the instructions to make it?