Monday, August 30, 2010

Cardboard Pumpkin (TLC288)

I decided to check out the Technique Lover's Challenge on SCS today. We were to recycle cardboard. I had a box on top of my trash can that was already torn. I was going to tear it into smaller pieces so that it would fit nicely into my waste wheeler. I tore off a chunk and used it for the BG. I didn't even sponge it! I used a piece of the lid and die cut the pumpkin, stem and leaf. I ran some scraps of DSP through the Big Shot with the same die to cover the cardboard rather than sponging or coloring it in some other manner. I backed the die cut pumpkin with a piece of Basic Black card stock to show through the eyes, nose and mouth. I also used a piece of cardboard that comes with things like ink pad kits or papers. I stamped the sentiment, punched and sponged the piece before using a Pop-Up Glue Dot to adhere it. The little ghost is a foam sticker which I sponged a little, too. The "Scary" is the ghost and the "Sweet" is the polka dot jack-o-lantern! Everything is from Stampin' Up! except for the die and the foam sticker. Thanks for stopping by!!

No comments: