Sunday, October 26, 2008

Happy Fall

I didn't get around to making anything else yesterday; I just didn't have it in me. I always think I can do more than I actually can! LOL! Well, today's a new day! I'm in a special swap where we all have secret pals and there are certain things we must send. One of the items we are required to send is an autumn themed card in our secret pal's favorite fall colors. My secret pal likes rust and reds. She also likes distressing. The designer paper, black mat, and embossed Ruby Red layers are all distressed. The Ruby Red base card is just sponged. I basically made an ATC and just put it in the center of the card. One pumpkin and all three leaves are popped up. The sentiment panel was made with small Nestabilities. I hope she likes this!
  • Stamps: Autumn Harvest, Michael's 2/$1 sentiment stamp
  • Papers: Ruby Red, Basic Black, DCWV Fall Pack DP
  • Ink: Stazon Jet Black
  • Accessories: Big Shot, Cuttlebug Floral Screen EF (debossed), Small Nesties, Snips, WCW Crayons, Aqua Painter, Sponge, Dimensionals
Another item we are required to send is an altered item. I covered a journal with Bella Rose DSP and added the rose in the upper left corner. There's a pink satin ribbon for a book mark. I'm going to use my Big Shot and Sizzix "Round About" alphabet set to make the letters of her first name in Riding Hood Red on Kiwi Kiss punched squares, but I didn't want to photograph it with the name on it yet because she might see it, and that would give the whole thing away!!!

I decided to make her this package of Card Candy as an extra gift. It sort of goes with the next item as well. These were all stamped with "Deer Friends" (Level 2 Hostess Set) and punched with the 1-1/4" Circle Punch. The 1-3/8" Circle Punch and the Scallop Circle Punch were also used to create the matting.

Now, do you see how the card candy ties in with this? First, Card Candy, then REAL Candy!!! LOL! The third item we were to send was supposed to be our secret pals' favorite snacks. My secret pal had two favorites; one was Snickers. I like those, too, so my hubby bought them so I'd have a few left over for me!!!


The final item that we're supposed to send is a silly item. I'm never very good at those. I haven't been able to go shopping either. My hubby found these candle holders, and he just knew I'd like them. The witch's hat is a tea light candle holder. The green one with the jack-o-lanterns can also hold tea light candles but is intended for votive or larger candles, I think. I made the package of tea light candles to go with the candle holders. They are pumpkin spice scented. Now, why is this silly? The tentative date for the revealing of all the secret pals is not until November 11th. I'm putting a note with this that says, "Only 354 days until Halloween!" I hope she gets a laugh out of that!! Thanks for visiting my blog today!!!

No comments: