Saturday, October 25, 2008

Get Well Soon (IC151)

I have missed a few challenges because I've been busy getting ready for my October Stamp Camp. Other than that, I've been recuperating from my surgery and getting stronger every day. Now that the Stamp Camp is over, I can get back to those challenges! Today's Inspiration Challenge was to use pink bedding from J C Penney's as our inspiration. There were plenty of items from which to choose. The photo at the right shows a pillow sham from which I drew my inspiration.
I know most of the challenge cards this week are going to "Chemo Angels", and I have a couple going there as well, but we have a friend who had to be taken from Reno to San Francisco for emergency brain surgery, so I made her this "Get Well" card. I used rectangle and scalloped rectangle Nestabilities and two different Cuttlebug embossing folders to simulate the quilting in the pillow sham. The flower and leaves were die cut with SU!'s Birds & Blooms Sizzlets on my Big Shot Machine. I also used the Small and Large Oval Punches for the sentiment. I may do another of this week's challenges, so I might post again today. Thanks for stopping by!
  • Stamps: Always In My Thoughts
  • Papers: Pretty In Pink, GP White, Gable Green
  • Ink: Gable Green
  • Accessories: Big Shot, Birds & Blooms Sizzlets, Cuttlebug Floral Screen and Tiny Mosaics EF's, Nestabilities Rectangles and Scalloped Rectangles, Sheer Ribbon

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Very pretty card. I am glad you are feeling better.