Thursday, October 30, 2008

Cracked Journey (WT190)

For the Ways To Use It Challenge, we were to get crackle in our designs. I used the Cracked Glass Technique. I've never done it before, but it's really easy. First, you stamp your image on card stock. Next, you ink the entire panel with Versamark. Then, you sprinkle liberally with Glassy Glaze embossing powder and melt with the heat tool. Ink it again with Versamark and emboss a second time with the Glassy Glaze, and it will come out smooth and shiny. Put it in the freezer for a couple of minutes. After it's completely cooled, take it out of the freezer and bend it in several places to make the cracks. Sponge the cracks so they will show more and rub off excess ink with a paper towel. If it becomes dull, just heat it up with the heat tool one more time, and the shine will come right back. I kept the card pretty simple to highlight the image and the cracked glass technique. This makes a great masculine card! Thanks for stopping by today!
  • Stamps: Happiness Is A Journey, Itty Bitty Backgrounds
  • Papers: Naturals Ivory, Basic Black
  • Ink: Basic Black, Versamark
  • Accessories: Glassy Glaze EP, Heat Tool, Sponge, Paper Towel, Vintage Brads

2 comments:

Stampinsilvia said...

ohh I lvoe this card! I think that image is perfect for this challenge! I have wanted that set but am too chicken to get it! LOL

Cheryl said...

Great card! I have yet to do this technique either but may give it a try. I have yet to use this set but really like what you did with it. You may be CASE'd