Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Thursday Nighters August Projects

Well, I'm home! My son picked me up at the airport on Sunday night. He brought me home and had my hubby helped him with a lube job and oil change. His three kids were here so I had to entertain my grand kids while the men were in the garage working on his car. Then, yesterday, I got sick! There's a tummy bug going around I guess. My hubby was sick while I was at convention and my son was sick the day that I left. Now, it's back to work for me!

Card #1 for Thursday night's club is shown at the right. We will be using a retiring set for this one. I love the bright yellow with the black! We will be doing a bit of dry embossing and some crimping.
  • Stamps: Polka Dots & Paisley
  • Papers: Yoyo Yellow, Basic Black, White
  • Ink: Basic Black; Yoyo Yellow Marker
  • Accessories: Crimper, Ticket Corner Punch, Dimensionals, Glue Dot, Basic Black GG Ribbon, Classy Brass Template "Dots", Light Table, Stylus

Card #2 is done with a set that just came out in the 2008 Spring/Summer Collection, but it's in the new catalog, too. I know my ladies aren't crazy about using eyelets, but I think eyelets just seem to work so well with a nautical theme. I'll do the eyelets for those that don't want to or can't, but they are so easy! Remember, these are Stampin' Up! eyelets and they are so easy to use with the 1/8" and 1/16" punches! After stamping the image of the sailboat, I tore all around it and sponged with Chocolate Chip ink to make it look burnt. The sentiment panel is popped up on two Dimensionals.

  • Stamps: Winds of Grace
  • Papers: Night of Navy, Sahara Sand, Naturals White (Line the inside with white, too.)
  • Ink: Night of Navy
  • Accessories: Sponge, Dimensionals, Basic Eyelets, Natural Hemp Twine

Thanks for visiting my blog today!

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Great cards! I love using the Crimper it is still one of my favorite toys.