Saturday, August 9, 2008

Scrap Book Evolution

First of all, please let me apologize for the crumby photos I took this morning! My camera is low on batteries, and I got in a hurry, but you'll get the general idea here. The photo above is of a 6" X 6" layout. The photo is three of my grandchildren at Disneyland during the holiday season. I used non-traditional colors even though it was Christmas time. I hand wrote the year with an SU! Journaling Marker. If you look closely, you can see hand embossed circles at the bottom of the page. I used Pretty In Pink Textured card stock and Green Galore for the matting.
Here's where the evolution takes place. The 6" X 6" is added to a sheet of 8-1/2" X 11" Green Galore and another picture is matted on pink. Stickers were added to complete the Disneyland theme. So, if you don't do 6" X 6" scrap books, but you do 8-1/2" by 11", even if you do the smaller layout at a club or something, you can convert it to the larger size.
Finally, there are many people who prefer 12" X 12" layouts. The 8-1/2" X 11" was simply added to a sheet of 12" X 12" patterned paper (WaMart). The banner at the bottom was printed on the computer with an SU! font (font CD). I also added the present in the middle of the page as an extra embellishment. I pulled that present off of a birthday card I received. Scrap bookers don't throw away anything! So, there you have it; from 6" X 6" to 12" X 12" in three easy steps! Thanks for stopping by today!!!

No comments: