Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Dreams & Wishes (CC179)

I was so busy yesterday with appointments and errands that I didn't get a chance to do a challenge card or upload anything. That being said, I did do today's Color Challenge which was to use Elegant Eggplant, Taken With Teal, and Old Olive. I like how the Teal looks against the Eggplant. While I was out and about yesterday, I went to JoAnn's and took advantage of some 40% off sale items. One was a Fiskars Antique Elegance Circle Border Punch. What a pain that thing is! It comes with a plastic circle template which you use to trace either a 4" or 6" circle, then you have to cut the circle out, and finally, you punch all the way around the circle. It was hard to punch through SU!'s thick paper. I think I should have just bought and small doily! LOL! Anyway, I stamped the main image in the center of the border punched circle and colored it with a Blender Pen and the ink pads. I paper pierced in the upper corners and popped up that doily looking thingie on Dimensionals.
  • Stamps: Dreams du Jour, Heard from the Heart
  • Papers: Elegant Eggplant, Taken With Teal, Old Olive, Naturals White
  • Ink: Elegant Eggplant, Taken With Teal, Old Olive
  • Accessories: Blender Pen, Fiskars Antique Elegance Circle Border Punch, Ticket Corner Punch, Mat Pack, Paper Piercer

Thanks for visiting my blog today!

2 comments:

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

This is beautiful!!! A great color challenge entry!!!!

Cheryl said...

Great card! Can't wait to get my order so I can play with the new sets.