Saturday, August 23, 2008

Ladies' Night Out ATC Challenge

I gave my Ladies' Night Out Club a challenge to make some ATC's (Artist's Trading Cards) by next month's meeting. The only rule you must follow when making ATC's is that the size MUST be 2-1/2" X 3-1/2". Other than that, you can decorate any way you like. I've made an additional rule, and that is to use Stampin' Up! stamps, inks, and papers. You can use Cuttlebug or any other embossing or die making machine, and the embellishments can be any vendor. My first example is made with Brilliant Blue and White (When using white, GP White is OK). I used the Level 1 Hostess set, "Punches Three" to stamp the main image, then I punched it out with the new Scallop Square Punch. I died a white flower Brilliant Blue and added a crystal brad in the center. I used the Cuttlebug Argyle embossing folder and Night of Navy Ribbon.

My second example is this baby boy ATC. Again, I used the Cuttlebug Argyle embossing folder on the white. The main image is from "So Many Scallops" (2008 Sale-A-Bration) set. I stamped with Bashful Blue and punched with the Scallop Circle Punch. I used Light Blue Gingham Ribbon and used the piece I tied the knot with to attach the baby feet charm. Oh yes, I used the new 1-3/4" Circle Punch for the circle behind the scalloped main image. This was the easiest of the three examples to make.

The final example was this Halloween ATC. I started with Basic Black cut to ATC size of 2-1/2" X 3-1/2". I cut the Lovely Lilac piece to 2-1/4" X 3-1/4" and embossed it using the Cuttlebug Spiderweb embossing folder. I used the Arachnophobia Wheel to make the spiders in Green Galor and cut them out (Very fussy cutting!). I attached the spiders to the web with pieces of Dimensionals. I stamped "Happy Halloween" from "All Holidays" using Only Orange ink, then I punched it out with the Word Window Punch and matted it on the black. I used a Lovely Lilac Marker to darken the eyes. This would look good on an orange base card, I think.

Thanks for visiting my blog! Now that I'm back from vacation, I should be able to post more regularly.

No comments: