Monday, April 4, 2011

Psalm 47:2 (ODBDSLC55)

The Our Daily Bread Designs Shining the Light Challenge for this week is to use a bird or birds in our design. The base card is Naturals Ivory with a layer of Old Olive and then a layer of Springtime Vintage DSP. I love that paper! I die cut a piece of Very Vanilla with the ODBD exclusive Nestie, sponged it and then stamped the scripture from ODBD Scripture Collection 3. The bird and flowers were stamped with Marina Mist using "Punch Potpourri" (hostess set), and then I punched them using the Bird & Branch Punch and the Boho Blossoms Punch. I also punched the branches out of Old Olive. I embossed the flowers and added Basic Pearls to the centers. I used a tiny Basic Pearl for the bird's eye, too. The main panel and bird are popped up with Dimensionals. Everything used to make this card is from Stampin' Up! except for the verse and the Nestie. Thanks again for stopping by!!

2 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a stunning card Carroll!! I just love your colors and design!! The sponged background is a beautiful touch. The paper is beautiful!
Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the Light challenge this week.

Sabrina Jackson said...

Awesome card!!! I am with Chris and love the colors and sponged BG. Thanks for playing along in this weeks Shining the Light Challenge over at ODBD!! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina