Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Flower Power (CC300, SC310)

This card is for two challenges on SCS. First, I used this week's sketch. Most people used designer paper for those two horizontal panels, but I just used embossed card stock. Secondly, I did this week's color challenge. Since it's challenge #300, it's a celebration, and we were to use any one of the previous color combos. I chose #277 which was Dusty Durango, Crushed Curry and Bermuda Bay. Those were the In-colors from last year that got retired. It's not an easy combo to work with either! The base card is Basic Black with a layer of Bermuda Bay and embossed Dusty Durango panels matted in black. In the space between the horizontal panels, I stamped tiny flowers from "Picnic Parade" (retired hostess set). I used two different Impressions Folders to emboss. The main image panel is Whisper White matted on black with flowers stamped on Crushed Curry using the "Fast & Fabulous" (hostess set). I mounted the cut flowers at three different levels using Dimensionals and recycled foam. The three little flowers at the top were punched using the Boho Blossoms and Punch Pack Flower Punches, sponged and embossed. Their centers were done with a black marker. I added Dazzling Diamonds to the main flower centers. Everything used to make this card came from Stampin' Up! Thanks for stopping by!!

No comments: