Friday, October 15, 2010

From Russia with Love (TSC1015)

This is for this week's Twisted Sistahs Challenge which was presented by Tater. Phyllis asked us to make a card that was representative of our heritage. I chose to go with my mother's side which is Russian. I never had a set of these Matryoshka dolls, but some other members of my family did, and I remember playing with them as a child. The textured background represents the pot holders my grandmother used to crochet for Christmas gifts. She also made lots of doilies. I have some of those. She tried to teach me to crochet when I was young, but she went too fast for me. I did learn how later, though. The white, blue and red strips are representative of the Russian flag (current). This one was adopted in 1993 after several flag changes over the years. It was originally adopted in 1868. My mother still speaks a little Russian, mostly prayers and blessings though. My mother is 95 and the last of her generation. Everything used to make this card is from Stampin' Up! Thanks for stopping by!!

No comments: