Tuesday, October 19, 2010

2010 October Stamp Camp

The first of our five projects is this card with what I call a Modern Santa. I saw it on SCS. Someone did a card for an Inspiration Challenge and her inspiration was a black tray with this type of Santa on it. I wish I could remember who it was that made that card. Anyway, it's just a red triangle with strips for the bottom, face and hat band. The Ornament and Curly Label punches were used to make the beard. The Spiral Punch was used for the feet and the Punch Pack flower was used for the top of the hat. I also used the "Merry" Embosslit for the sentiment panel and "Teeny Tiny Wishes" for the stamped "Christmas". I used the Northern Flurry EF for the background. It's a fun little card.

ETA: I found it!! Kim Score highlighted it on her blog today!!! The card is by gregzgurl.
Project #2 is simple, yet effective. The "Christ is Born" was embossed with Silver Embossing Powder, the flower was stamped with Riding Hood Red and cut out, and the sentiment panel is a banner of sorts. It's sponged with Crushed Concord and pearls were added to the flower center.
Project #3 is a re-do of my card I did last weekend. See this post. I changed the papers and the layout a bit. I like it better with these colors, too.
Project #4 is the same as the card I did for last week's sketch. I made bows for everyone to just attach with glue dots though. See this post for more details.
Project #5 is actually going to be with a darker color for the embossed layer. When I made my samples, I just used whatever scraps I had lying around. The Santa was stamped twice, colored once and cut out. It was popped up on the other stamped image and the snowballs have Dazzling Diamonds. Everything used on these cards came from Stampin' Up! Thanks for stopping by!!!

1 comment:

Sandy Ang said...

Love the embossing on your cards and the fun Santas !