Wednesday, June 30, 2010

July 2010 Club Projects

It's that time again! Club is tomorrow and Friday nights. I tried to keep it simple so everyone will have time to browse through the new catalog. Our first project is pretty much a CASE of a card I saw in a recent Stampin' Success magazine. That's a magazine that demonstrators get monthly. I love the colors: Bravo Burgundy, Always Artichoke, and Very Vanilla. I used "Pocket Silhouettes" for the green leaves and "Fresh Cuts" for the sentiment and the burgundy leaves. The ribbon is Bravo Burgundy, and I popped up the sentiment with Dimensionals. In this week's Weekly Inkling from SCS, Beate did a tutorial on these wonderful bookmarks. I've made them before, but I loved her way of doing it.
This photo shows the bookmark when it's actually in place on the corner of a page in a book. I used retiring products for this including some scraps. The base is Almost Amethyst with a triangle of So Saffron and then an Almost Amethyst tilted square. The paper is Tea Party Designer Series Paper with a scalloped strip of Pretty In Pink. The bottom was punched with the Eyelet Border Punch, and I used the Scallop Border Punch on the pink. The ribbon is Pretty In Pink Taffeta. The leaves were cut with the Sweetest Stem Embosslit out of Barely Banana and the flowers were punched and embossed. On the back, there's a white triangle which is stamped with a quote from the "Peace Within" set: "Every day holds the possibility of a miracle. - Elizabeth David." Everything used to make both of these projects is from Stampin' Up! If you're interested in learning how to make the bookmarks, go to the bottom of my blog, and you will find Beate's video tutorial. Thanks for stopping by!!

No comments: