Saturday, April 3, 2010

Making up for yesterday...

These are cards I made yesterday, but I was unable to post anything because the Blogger wouldn't let me post! I'm posting them now, and then I will post today's card separately. Thanks for your understanding.
The Twisted Sistahs Challenge was hosted by Tater. Phillis challenged us to make a card with "rain" as our theme and NO PINK! The no pink was no problem, but the rain theme was a tough one. I just don't have stamps that have much to do with rain. I managed to find this umbrella stamp in a kit that my kids got for me a few years ago from CostCo. It would be perfect for a wedding or baby shower. I colored with SU! Markers and used the Scallop Trim Border and Corner Punches around the edges. This one started with a 3-1/4" square. I matted the main image panel on Old Olive and popped up the whole thing on Almost Amethyst that was embossed with Stampin' Up! Perfect Polka Dots Impression Folder. This card is 4-1/4" square.
This is the outside of an accordion card that I made for the Free 4 All Challenge. I don't have tag board or whatever you call it, so I used the cardboard that comes in the SU! Designer Series Paper packages instead. I covered that with paper from My Mind's Eye and used recycled (Christmas) ribbon to tie around it and form the bow. The Easter bonnet image is from the same Costco kit as the image on the card above. I water colored and used markers, sponged the edges and matted on some pale lavender (non-SU!) card stock.

This is the inside of my accordion card. It's just white card stock stamped with the Bella Toile background stamp in Bravo Burgundy. I tried not to use too much SU! stuff on this because it's for my secret sister who knows I'm a Stampin' Up Demonstrator. I try to make cards that look like someone else might have made them. Thanks for stopping by!!!

No comments: