Monday, December 22, 2008

Disneyland

Well, I've been as busy as anyone during the past few days, so I haven't had time to post. I did do some cards, but they're for a swap, and we aren't supposed to post photos of those cards until after they've been swapped out. I had to make eight cards for that swap! I also did some scrapping this weekend. If you look down at a previous post for the "Jungle Cruise" page, you will see that this "Tom Sawyer's Island" page is the opposing page for that one. They both have the forest in the background. I used the Cricket and the Zooballoo cartridge for the title and the grass at the bottom. The top pic is of Captain Jack, the main character from Pirates of the Caribbean. I just had to get a photo of him! LOL! The one below, of course, is the river boat passing by the island. No stamping on this; DCWV Photo Stack DP, Green Galore and Gable Green card stock, and I used the Green Galore marker for the subtitles.
The next two pages are several photos of floats in the Disney parade. The background is DCWV Nana's Kids Premium Stack (embossed), and the purple striped DP is from a WalMart paper stack I got as a gift. I used the Scallop Edge Border Punch on all the DP. The photos are all matted on Gable Green and Orchid Opulence. The title was done on the Cricket with the Zooballoo cartridge (it was already in the machine). The Mickey in the upper left (sorry for the glare) was cut out of some sort of package about 10 years ago, and I found it in my stash!

The top two photos on the right side page are actually pockets with tags for journaling. One is for the left page and the other is for the right. The tags were made on the Big Shot with Sizzix Tags die. I reinforced them by punching a 1/4" hole out of a scrap of Orchid Opulence and then punching with the 1/2" Circle Punch around the smaller hole and then adhering these pieces to the top of the tags around the hole that was already there. I added 1/8" lavender satin ribbon. I've also had the Disney stickers on the border strips for over 10 years! Thanks for visiting my blog today!!

No comments: