Thursday, December 18, 2008

Adventureland (SBSC105) & Jungle Cruise

I decided to start scrap booking the Disneyland part of our summer vacation and I went all the way back to September of 2007, for a sketch that would work with just two photos. The one I chose is shown at left. I thought those "Eastern Blooms" flowers were perfect for Adventureland with the Jungle Cruise and all.
I've been using the DCWV Photo Stack for my vacation pages. This one sort of looks like burlap. The narrow strips are Chocolate Chip Textured card stock and the orange is Pumpkin Pie Textured card stock. The title was done on my Big Shot with Sizzix "Lime Light" alphabet set. The flowers were stamped on yellow with Pumpkin Pie and then cut out and embossed for a 3-D effect. I also added black faux eyelets.

I didn't use any sketches for this "Jungle Cruise" page because I just wanted the photos to work with the DCWV Photo Stack paper. I love the forest or jungle look. I added leaves that were punched with the Martha Stewart Leaf Punch, and I matted the photos on Basic Black. The title was done on my Big Shot with Sizzix "Cattycorners" alphabet set with shadows. I like how the yellow and black letters just seem to pop. Thanks for visiting today!!!

No comments: