Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Mouse Mom (CC162)

The Color Challenge today was to use Basic Gray, Blush Blossom, and Groovy Guava. I meant to do some Cuttlebugging and, also, have more of the Blush Blossom showing, but this is how my card turned out. I normally don't do square cards, but I thought I should try it, so I bought some Medium Square Envelopes from SU! to force myself. It takes more card stock than a regular A2 size card, but it's nice for something special like Mother's Day.

The base card is Blush Blossom with a layer of Groovy Guava. The main image was borrowed from a friend, and I used ink pads and a Blender Pen to color it. I kept with the challenge colors to do the coloring, and I added silver glitter glue and a rhinestone to decorate the front of the shoe. The main image panel was matted on Basic Gray, and all layers were Ticket Corner Punched. The sentiment is stamped with Basic Gray, and the ribbon is Groovy Guava Double Stitched Ribbon. I think my mother-in-law will get this card. I hope she likes it.
  • Stamps: Beatrix Potter by Stampendous (1998), All Holidays (sentiment)
  • Papers: Blush Blossom, Groovy Guava, Basic Gray, Whisper White
  • Ink: Groovy Guava, Basic Gray, Blush Blossom
  • Accessories: Blender Pen, Ticket Corner Punch, Groovy Guava DS Ribbon, Silver Glitter Glue, Rhinestone

No comments: