Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Scrapbooking Challenge


I've gotten back into scrap booking thanks to some friends of mine who talked me into going to a "Scrap-a-thon" at our local high school. It was a fund raiser to raise money to support the year book. I made a few pages beforehand so that I'd have something to show with SU! stamps and papers. That gave me the scrapping bug! Now, I really look forward to Fridays because of the Scrap Book Sketch Challenge. Last Friday's sketch was fun to do and I was able to show off our daughter and her husband, the newlyweds. I liked the diagonal separation of two DSP's (double sided designer papers). I used my Cricut machine to make the title. The papers are from SU!'s Secret Garden Scrap booking Kit.



Since it was the day after Thanksgiving, two extra sketches were given. The first of the two had a whimsical turkey, some squares across the top and side that looked kind of like quilt squares, and the title said, "Turkey Day". I used Cricut's Animal Kingdom cartridge to make my turkey, I changed the squares to leaves from Thankful Season set, and my title, "Gobble" was from the same Cricut cartridge as the turkey. Yes, that's me stirring the turkey gravy! Then, there's one of my daughters with a neighbor boy, and under that is my mother with my little mutt on her lap. (She spoils that dog!) The papers here are River Rock and Always Artichoke textured card stock for the title strip.




The final sketch given included tags for journaling. The papers are the opposite of the previous page and the leaves were carried forward onto this page to carry the fall theme through. The tags were purchased tags, the ribbons were Chocolate taffeta, and the journaling was done with an acid free brown gel pen. All the photos were taken on Thanksgiving Day and include my hubby, two of my granddaughters hugging, several kids from the neighborhood posing with one of my daughters (second from right), and two of my granddaughters riding scooters.

No comments: