Friday, November 30, 2007

Scrapbook Variety Challenge (SBVC04)

I got up very early this morning and just waited for the challenges to be posted. This is a new one for me. It's called a "variety" challenge because it's just not the same every week. This is only the fourth week for this challenge, so no wonder I hadn't seen it before! There were several examples of magazine ads given and we were to be inspired by those ads. What a great idea! To find this on SCS, you have to go to Forums, then Splitcoast Challenges, Scrapbooking, Scrapbook Themes, then to the SBVC list. Whew!

The ad that inspired my little 6 X 6 page is a brightly colored fabric softener ad. My colors aren't so bright as I needed to match a previous page in the scrapbook. I did go with the green and pink though. I used the Spring Bouquet Flower Punch and embossed the flowers for a 3-dimensional look. I also used the Round Tab Punch for the tab with the journaling. Here's a photo of the inspirational ad:

No comments: