Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Color Challenge Card

On Tuesdays at Splitcoaststampers.com (SCS), there is a Color Challenge. This Tuesday, the challenge was to use (Stampin' Up! colors) Basic Grey, Bashful Blue, and Certainly Celery. I called this card "Find Joy" due to the sentiment. The base card is Bashful Blue. The sentiment is stamped with Celery ink on Whisper White card stock, then matted on the Blue, then Celery, and finally, the Grey. All the corners were punched with the Ticket Corner Punch. I stamped the paisley from Polka Dots & Paisley stamp set with Celery on the base card. I colored in the dots in the paisleys with white gel pen. Then, I mounted the matted sentiment panel. I used a strip of the Grey near the bottom, layered half circles punched with the Scallop Circle Punch, layered over that with a strip of Double Sided Designer Paper (DSP),and finally adhered punched flowers from the Three for You Punch that I had embossed. They look like tiny Prima flowers when embossed! I finished it off by doodling on the scalloped half circles.

Stamps: Polka Dots and Paisley
Paper: Bashful Blue, Basic Grey, Certainly Celery, Petals and Paisley DSP
Ink: Certainly Celery
Accessories: Scallop Circle Punch, White gel pen, Three for You Punch, Embossing Stylus, Ticket Corner Punch

No comments: