Monday, September 12, 2011

Tissue Box Cover Instructions

I went to a Foster Care training for two days (so far), and I have to go for one more day next Saturday in order to get my 27 hours of training before applying for my license. I haven't posted anything since Friday. I have received a couple of requests for instructions for the Tissue Box Cover like I posted on Friday, so I have put the video tutorial found on Splitcoast Stampers on my blog. Please go down to the bottom of this page to find that video tutorial for the Tissue Box Cover.

The last cover I made is embossed with Elegant Lines Impressions Folder on the sides and I cut 4 strips, 1" X 4-1/2", and embossed them with a Cuttlebug Borders Folder. Use a bigger oval Nestie on the lid than the one you use to cut the opening in the 4-1/4" square piece on the top. Embossing that square piece is also nice. Sometimes I make my own flowers to decorate the top, but on my last one, I used flowers that were purchased from Michael's. I also line the insides with more card stock to make it sturdier or I add embossed panels to the outside. I just don't think one layer of card stock is going to last that long. One, more tip: Use Sticky Strip or other strong adhesive to put it together. You don't want to give a gift that will fall apart in a week or so! Have fun, and if you have any more questions, please feel free to email me at davis4him517@sbcglobal.net

No comments: