Thursday, July 22, 2010

More Embossed Flowers (SC290)

Would you believe it? I made this card yesterday morning for the Sketch Challenge, but I had to leave to go shopping, and when I got back, I totally forgot about posting it!! Am I losing it, or what? Anyway, I really liked the idea of the staggered squares in the sketch. I started out by stamping an image and doing the "Out of the box" technique, but that wasn't working for me. Maybe I was just in too big of a hurry. I decided to go with my old stand-by: embossed flowers. The base card is So Saffron, all matting is Basic Black, the patterned paper is Tea Party DSP, the Certainly Celery layer was embossed with the Cuttlebug Forest Branches folder, the squares are Pretty In Pink, So Saffron and More Mustard and so are the flowers. The flowers are embossed and I added tiny pearls to the centers. The sentiment is from "Tiny Tags", and I used the coordinating Tiny Tags Punch. The ribbon is retired Pink Gingham Ribbon. Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

kLan said...

This is really cute! I love the flowers as your accessory on your card! I have an a4 card available here, and I planned to make one. I know this will do for an a4 sized paper. This is really cool!