Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Bit of Good



I couldn't sleep. I know I've been worrying about my grand daughter because she had to be taken to E.R. She tried to climb on a bar stool and pulled it down on herself. It just about knocked a tooth out. The doctor said it will hurt for a while, and she has to be on a soft food diet for a few days. The worst part is that the tooth will turn black until it falls out. Thank goodness it's a baby tooth (that's all she has). She's only 20 months old, so she'll have a black tooth for a few years. I feel so bad. I'm sure my daughter does, too.

On to the card. I just got a couple of Martha Stewart punches that I had ordered specifically to make these blooms. Pat Smethers has instructions on Splitcoast Stampers here. I punched a bunch of flowers and leaves and used them all. I punched the flowers from Ballet Blue and Bordering Blue and the leaves and branches from Mellow Moss and Sage Shadow. All the card stocks are retired. You have to use them up somehow! The DSP is also retired; it's Porcelain Prints. The quote from "Pursuit of Happiness" was stamped twice with Black Stazon, the word "Good" was cut out, sponged with Mellow Moss and popped up on the whole quote. This is similar to how the one in the catalog is done. The flower centers are tiny little blue half pearls. I love making these little blooms. I'm sure glad Pat posted those instructions! Oh, the card is 5-3/8" square. Everything except the punches came from Stampin' Up! Thanks for stopping by!!

No comments: