Friday, July 29, 2011

Sail Away (TSC0729)

Well, I'm doing better than I did last week. Last week I only posted a card on Monday. This week it's Monday and Friday, so I'm getting back in the swing of things. I just got some new stamps, so I'll be posting more cards this weekend. I've just been so busy with other things in my life. I did give a lot of stuff for the Special Olympics yard sale/bake sale. I still have to bake my cupcakes though. Anyway, things are simmering down a bit, so I might be able to get back into my old cycle.

This card is for the Twisted Sistahs Challenge which was presented by our fearless leader, wannabcre8ive. Shirley asked as to think about the ocean, using swimmers, boats, whales and such and use ribbon or baker's twine plus at least one embellishment. I went with the boat. I used the single stamp, "Sail Away" and masked and sponged. I used the Cherry Cobbler/White Baker's Twine and some shell beads I had. The background is embossed with the Square Lattice EF. The card stocks are Night of Navy, Marina Mist and Naturals Ivory. Everything except the shells came from Stampin' Up! Thanks for stopping by!!

No comments: