Friday, July 8, 2011

Honoring Queen Roxie (TSC0708, QFTD68)

I'm sorry about the fuzzy photo, but I guess I was too close. Brat Cards (Terri) presented the Twisted Sistahs Challenge for this week. She asked us to use something that was not purchased for card making. I just went through some old jewelry and found a pair of earrings that had no stone in one of them. This is a photo of that one broken earring before I snipped off the top ring and added the big rhinestone.
Here's my card with the earring and some extra rhinestones above it. This is also for the Queen For The Day Challenge. This week, we are honoring Rox71. Roxie is our Sketch Challenge hostess, and what a talented card maker she is!! ALL of her cards are great. I chose to CASE the card she made exactly one year ago today. It's called "Polka Dots and Camellia". I used a different floral stamp set, embossed the background instead of stamping, and I used my broken earring and rhinestones instead of the brads. Everything used to make this card (except the broken earring) is from Stampin' Up! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: