Sunday, May 13, 2012

Proverbs 31:30 (TSC0511)

The Twisted Sistahs Challenge was presented by Marleygo. Lesley asked us to make a card with one of our favorite scriptures on it, use embossing powder and at least one Nestie. We were also to give the card to someone who needs encouragement. This card goes to my mother. It's Mother's Day, and I haven't given her a card yet. This verse is all about my mom. She's brought more people to Christ than most pastors. She's 97 and has only been out of the hospital for about a week now, and she sits in her chair watching TV but moans and groans due to some pain she's been having in her back. I've offered her medication for it, but she won't take it. She's not much on pills except vitamins. I'm hoping when the bed sore heals, she'll be back to normal, at least what's normal for her at 97. I made some of the "Rolled Roses" according to some instructions by Blooms in a Box. The larger roses were made a little differently. Instead of cutting a "teardrop" out of the center of the scalloped circle, I kept on cutting a spiral and then rolled up the whole thing. I also used two different Scallop Circle Punches from Stampin' Up!. The stamp and Nestie are from Our Daily Bread Designs. The flowers were made from Pink Pirouette and sponged with Regal Rose. I used the Versamarker Pen to "color" the edges of the flowers and then embossed with Iridescent Ice EP. I also sewed on this card. My mom used to sew a lot when I was growing up. The lace came to me in a "Tickle a Teapotter" card from Ksnurse (aka Shari). Thanks for stopping by!!

No comments: