Friday, March 26, 2010

March 2010 Stamp Camp Projects

For this month's stamp camp, we will be focusing on Designer Series Papers. They add so much to any project, making cards and 3-D items even easier to make.

The first project is such a simple card, you'd think it wasn't me who designed it! We will be making this one in two colors of the Sweat Pea Designer Series Paper (DSP), one in teal (as shown) and the other in olive. I used a Cuttlebug embossing folder from an Oriental Bundle to emboss the DSP, then, after adhering to the card, I sanded it to bring out the embossed images. The stamping is on the inside. I used the Asian Artistry Hostess Set. The participants will choose which stamps from that set they want to use, and Taken With Teal and Old Olive inks will be available.

The second project could be an Easter card or just a "Hello" type card with the Waving Bunny from Whipper Snapper. I know. This isn't a Stampin' Up! image, but I promised to use it at this stamp camp. The base card is Certainly Celery with a strip of last year's SAB paper. I punched a border from So Saffron to put under the DSP strip. The bunny is stamped on white and matted on Bashful Blue. It's water colored using Water Color Wonder Crayons and an Aqua Painter. I highlighted the buttons with a Marker. Of course, I had to add my "signature" embossed flowers with leaves punched with the new Bird & Branch Punch.

The third project is very similar to the card I made for last week's Color Challenge on SCS. I simplified it a bit for the Stamp Camp, though. I used Old Olive Taffeta Ribbon from the Holiday Mini Ribbon Bundle (retired) and adhered it to the Old Olive DSP before adhering the DSP to the Rich Razzleberry base card. The image from "Very Thankful" (available as an SAB Freebie) and stamped it on Very Vanilla with Razzleberry ink. I matted on Olive Olive and an extra long mat of Rich Razzleberry to allow for the rhinestones. I used an Old Olive Marker on the tail designs before adding Purple Fine Cosmo Glitter.

The fourth project is a punch art project. First of all, I used three shades of white on this card. The base card is Naturals White. The next layer is GP White and is embossed with SU!'s Perfect Polka Dots Impressions Folder. The main image panel is Whisper White and is embossed with the Small Dots Texturz Plate from the Backgrounds #1 set of plates. That panel is matted on Pretty In Pink. Now to the punch art. The "vase" was punched out of "Loves Me" DSP using the Ornament Punch and cutting it off so the bottom is flat. The tulips were formed with three wings from the Bird & Branch Punch. The leaves and stems were created by simply trimming a very narrow piece from Garden Green card stock. I really like this one.

Our final project will be this little milk carton filled with jelly beans. We will make one Bashful Blue and one Barely Banana. The DSP is, again, the SAB paper from last year. I punched 1" circles from Whisper White to add to the front of the carton. I stamped the bunny from "Picnic Parade" which is a hostess set from the Occasions Mini Catalog. I talked my friend, Patti, into getting it, but she gave it to ME!! The bunny is colored with SU! Markers before cutting it out and adding it to the punched circle. I added a Mini Clip to the top to finish it off. I have some Jolly Rancher Jelly Beans to fill them with. I think everyone will love these and they are just in time for an extra Easter gift. Thanks so much for stopping by!!!

No comments: