Thursday, February 14, 2008

Western Fashion (WT153)

The Thursday "Ways To Use It" Challenge was called, "The Height of Fashion", and we were to use fashion as our inspiration to create our projects. The folks on SCS made some really creative cards and other projects! I was going to make the 2-part bikini, but someone else beat me to it. I decided to make an Origami Shirt, Western style! The designer paper used for the shirt is from My Mind's Eye Magnolia Collection. I added an additional piece for the yoke, cut two "V's", and trimmed with red Hemp Twine to resemble cording. I used a fancy brad and black Hemp Twine for the bolo tie. The base card is Kraft, the stamped layer is Naturals Ivory, and the piece under the shirt is Ruby Red. The red piece is torn, sponged and distressed. Thanks so much for visiting my blog, and if you would like more info on the Origami Shirt, just leave a comment with an email or SCS screen name so that I can send you a link.
  • Stamps: Bronc Buster
  • Papers: Kraft, Naturals Ivory, Ruby Red, MME DP (Magnolia Collection)
  • Ink: Close to Cocoa
  • Accessories: Sponge, Fancy Brad, Red and Black Hemp Twine

No comments: